Crafting through the snow, with a hook held in my hand.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The First Flake Has Fallen

   Today I decided to start an afghan. I already had some supplies, and I looked up blocks on ravelry. I came across a snowflake pattern, and judging by the title of my blog, you know I had to do it. I will include the link to the pattern at the end. I'm going to include a picture of my first block, and then direct you to my ravelry page where I will have more info. I will also be updating there as I go along, so make sure to add me as a friend if you want to keep up with my progress!

   As I said in the notes on my ravelry page, I did have issues with the "remix" version of this pattern. My stitches weren't adding up, and that may have been my error. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. I may figure it out when I do my next block, but I have decided to just stick with the smaller block. I have to make 98 more of these for the size I want. GAH. I feel like that will take forever, but I'm quick. I definitely need to pick up more yarn... I only have one partial skein of each color. I used Red Heart Super Saver Amethyst and Turqua. I will update when I have blocked these. I also plan to use some softening methods to make the yarn a bit less harsh. I will let you know how those go.






No comments:

Post a Comment